Confidentiality and Data Protection
We respect your privacy. Your personal data is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act 1998 (registration Z2130599, Data Controller Church Court Dental Practice). Under the Data Protection Act we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you and any information that you give us is held with the utmost care and security. It will not be used in ways to which you have not consented. We do not and will not pass on your details to any third party or government department unless you give us permission to do so. The need for the strict confidentiality of personal information about patients is taken very seriously. All members of the practice team must comply with these safeguards as part of their contract of employment/contract for services with the practice. You can search the ICO register.
Practice information security policy
This dental practice is committed to ensuring the security of personal data held by the practice. This objective is achieved by every member of the practice team complying with this policy.
What personal data do we hold?
In order to provide you with a high standard of dental care and attention, we need to hold personal information about you. This personal data comprises:
- your past and current medical and dental condition; personal details such as your age, national insurance number/NHS number, address, telephone number and your general medical practitioner
- radiographs, clinical photographs and study models
- information about the treatment that we have provided or propose to provide and its cost
- notes of conversations/incidents that might occur for which a record needs to be kept
- records of consent to treatment
- any correspondence relating to you with other health care professionals, for example in the hospital or community services and practitioners on the GDC specialist register.
Use of Information
We will not collect any information about individuals, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided by them in relation to carrying out our purpose of providing and arranging dental care and referral to GDC registered specialists. Examples of such information include: Name, Address, Date of Birth, Telephone number, Email address, Country of abode and the items listed above.
The information collected through this website may be used to send you the information you have requested and to help us develop the site to be more useful to you.